Monday, 27 July 2015

Repairs to the building at VE1YAR

For quite some time now, we've had problems with moisture and water in the building at the VE1YAR site. This past Saturday, VE1IC and I (VE1XT) went out there and patched up the hole we found on the roof.

The hole, with the previous patch removed, is as big as Max's foot!

We started with a layer of sealant followed by a layer of fiber glass cloth, and more sealant.

Then we covered it with a layer of aluminum, then more sealant.

Here is the finished product, after another layer of fiber glass cloth covered with more sealant. 

If all goes well, this should fix the problem with the leaky roof for a while. 

73 de VE1XT

No comments:

Post a Comment