Club History


The founding meeting of the Yarmouth Amateur Radio Club was held at the Grand Hotel in July of 1947 by a group of interested people. At first, monthly meetings were held in the various members' homes and as membership grew the meetings moved to different venues such as Yarmouth Central School, the Civil Defense building on the Haley Road, one of the army buildings on Parade Street, the Vocational School (now Burridge Campus), the CNIB office on Thurston Street and then the office on John Street when CNIB moved there, and later at the Royal Canadian Legion. After that the club associated with EMO and the meetings have been in the EMO building on Pleasant Street ever since. The original membership was around seven people and we now have more than forty members.

1 comment:


  1. Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great work. yahoo mail login

    ReplyDelete